“When women rise, ALL humanity is lifted.”~Marilyn Nyborg
Marilyn Nyborg, founder of Women Waking the World, has been a spiritually based activist since the ‘60’s beginning with the civil rights movement. In the ‘70’s she turned her focus inward and began the journey to wholeness, integrating the masculine and feminine within and examining the unconscious attitudes and conditioning in her personality.
Recognizing the need for women to find their voices and claim their power, she began in the early ‘80’s to work through women’s circles and activities to bring feminine wisdom to bear on the world. In 2002 she became a co-founder of Gather the Women. Marilyn brought GTW home, and created Gather the Women of Nevada County. In 2009 she initiated a conversation about the major loss throughout civilization at the repression and degradation of women’s wisdom and contributions. This led to the birth to Women Waking the World. Marilyn is a visionary, an initiator of creative ideas. She fosters new thinking, connecting the dots between people, ideas and projects.
Marilyn lives in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains in Northern California. She is dedicated to creating a world in which her grandson Dane can express his sensitivity and broad range of feeling without being seen as weak and her granddaughter Kayden can speak from her heart and her mind without being
seen as overbearing.
Connect with Marilyn at www.womenwakingtheworld.com
1. What is your passion or purpose you are being called to bring into action right now?
Bringing women to the table of Global Consequences! To share power and influence.
2. What were the motivating factors or defining moments that inspired you to get involved and share your passion?
I have been involved with women’s work for 30 years. As a spiritual activist, I know the difference women can/do/will bring in creative solutions and a more positive culture.
3. What is your mantra or favorite quote you refer to when you seek inspiration or hope and why? “When women rise, ALL humanity is lifted.” Because I believe this to be true!(the quote is mine!)
4. Tell us about a moment recently when you were standing in your full power and purpose? Recently gave a talk in Truckee….I found deep comfort in my presentation, their participation and felt good about my personal stand and observations. I said I came to disturb them, shake their perspectives on gender, and leave them inspired! I did!
5. Why is the work you are doing so important for everyday women? I believe to the Soul level, that women offer the only hope for turning around the direction we are headed and basically the only hope for our survival as a species. LONG ignored! AND we must go inner to claim our deep feminine wisdom, and release the patriarchal imprints and roles we have been assigned.
6. What is your message to women around the world? SPEAK UP, start new and deeper conversations. Increase your confidence and courage! AND participate!!